Here are some of the key benefits of taking organic instant baby oats (instant oatmeal):
1. Over 40 studies show that eating oatmeal may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. All it takes is 3/4 cup of oatmeal each day to help lower cholesterol. The soluble fibre in oats helps remove LDL or "bad” cholesterol while maintaining the good cholesterol that your body needs. In January 1997, the USA Food and Drug Administration announced that oatmeal could carry a label claiming it may reduce the risk of heart disease when combined with a low-fat diet.
2. The soluble fibre in oatmeal absorbs a considerable amount of water which significantly slows down your digestive process. This result is that you’ll feel full longer, i.e. oatmeal can help you control your weight.
3. New research suggests that eating oatmeal may reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes. In fact, the American Diabetes Association already recommends that people with diabetes eat grains like oats. The soluble fibre in these foods helps to control blood glucose levels.
4. According to recent studies, a diet that includes oatmeal may help reduce high blood pressure. The reduction is linked to the increase in soluble fibre provided by oatmeal. Oats contain more soluble fibre than whole wheat, rice or corn.
5. Oatmeal contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates and iron.
No cooking required. Add to beverage and serve. Can be served with dried fruits and nuts for added nutrition.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: AustraliaCERTIFIED ORGANIC BY: NASAA
Nutritional Information Percentage Daily Values are based on 2000 calories diet (USA),(Per 100g),Serving Size: 50gmServing Per Pack: 10Energy 381 kcalProtein 10.5gTotal Fat 8.5gTrans fat 0gSaturated fat 1.5gMonounsat Fat 3.4gPolyunsat Fat 3.6gSodium 3mgCarbohydrates; 61.0gSugar 0Dietary Fibre 10.0gBeta Glucan 4.8g